Thursday, April 21, 2016

T Minus 24 Hours

We have less than 24 hours before we kick off the 2016 camping season! There are three excited kids in my house, all armed with $5 each from Grammy to spend in the camp store. We've been getting the  camper ready all week and that involved a HUGE shopping yesterday.

My husband takes care of the camper maintenance "stuff," while I stock the camper, plan meals and pack for myself and the kids. I purchased some new goodies for this year, some big and some small, and I'm looking forward to trying them out. I'll be sharing reviews of them as we try them out.
We still had more shopping to do and no room left in our cart!

The kids are excited to explore a new campground and I'm excited to see what activities they're offering as part of their "Earth Day Weekend." We always choose campgrounds that have activities for kids and it's an added bonus when they have them for adults too!

There have been elevated fire weather warnings for Southern New England this week. I'm not sure if there will be campfire restrictions as a result, but we will find out tomorrow. We have the S'mores supplies packed and will be cooking them over the grill if needed. S'mores are an essential part of camping for us, although my daughter eats them without the chocolate. I'm still trying to figure out where she came from because I love chocolate.

Where are you camping this weekend?

Happy Travels,
Rachel


No comments:

Post a Comment