Tuesday, April 19, 2016

3 Kids and a Camper

Trying to start a blog with baby twins in 2013 was a little too much to handle, but I'm back! My twins are now three (or almost four, as they like to say) and my oldest son is nine. We've done a lot since my last post in May 2013, but one of my favorites is that we've become avid campers! I camped regularly as a child. My husband did not. When he brought up the idea of buying a camper in 2014, I thought he was delusional. As did all of our family and friends. It turns out that he's not against camping as long as he has air conditioning for sleeping. My husband is very pragmatic and after much research decided he wanted to buy a Jayco travel trailer.

We traveled to Forrest Marine & RV Center in Tyngsboro, Massachusetts and purchased a 2015 Jayco Jayfeather 23XB. Not only did they not think my husband was crazy, they encouraged and supported our decision to start camping with our 3 young children. Their service is top notch and I highly recommend them to novice and experienced campers.

Our maiden voyage was in May 2014 to Whispering Pines Campground in Hope Valley, Rhode Island. Camping with 1 year old twins and 7 year old boy, in a brand new camper, in the pouring rain had some challenges, but overall we had a great weekend and we were hooked!

Over the past 2 years, we have traveled New England and the Mid-Atlantic states exploring and creating lasting memories. Our 2016 season officially begins this upcoming weekend with our first trip to Brialee RV & Tent Park in Ashford, Connecticut. This April has brought everything from a snow storm to 70 degree weather to New England, so I'm hoping Mother Nature cooperates.

Throughout the season, I will be posting tips for camping with kids, campground reviews and more. We have many camping trips booked for this year and will be adding more. This is also the first year that we're doing a "Fall Fling" special. We will be spending weekends at my kids' favorite campground,  Sunfox Campground in Lisbon, Connecticut, from Labor Day through Halloween. 

Follow our adventures here and on Instagram

Happy Travels,
Rachel
Last year at Lake Compounce's Bear Creek Campground in Bristol, CT

No comments:

Post a Comment