Monday, May 13, 2013

May is Here!

I started this blog out strong in March, but April was a rough month here! All 3 kids were sick numerous times, plus, I had the opportunity to visit Washington, DC to take part in an amazing event. I represented the Rhode Island chapter of the March of Dimes at the Pew Charitable Trust's Supermoms Against Superbugs 2013 Advocacy Day. I was amazed at all that I learned and met so many incredible mothers, fathers, chefs, farmers, ranchers, doctors and advocates. I'm now even more aware of the important of purchasing and eating antibiotic-free meat and my shopping habits have changed since I returned from Washington.

We are now in the midst of planning the twins' first birthday party, which has been bittersweet. Both babies are doing great, but now that their birthday is nearing, I'm having a lot of "flashbacks" to their scary and early entrance into the world and the long 2.5 months we spent in the NICU. I know this is common for NICU parents and I just have to look at their smiling faces to remember how blessed we truly are.

I will be posting more often now that classes are over for the semester and I have a little more "free" time. Not that a mom of 3 has much of that, but I'm trying to make every moment count.

No comments:

Post a Comment